Now how did THAT happen?

June has been an extremely busy month in our household. June 3rd was Dad's 80th birthday celebration in Medicine Hat. We also dropped off Cody @ Heather's because the following Thursday we were off to Jasper for a 4 day work retreat. Then June 13 was Joe's 50th birthday and we had a quiet celebration at home with the Bachman Cummings concert the next evening. Friday afternoon, we were driving south to Calgary to celebrate Joe's milestone with Heather & Jeff, and Lesley & Aaron...Japanese Village style with games afterwards. We also dropped off Joseph's new to him computer, and the small climber. Back home Sunday with Cody.
Monday arrives and I'm really looking forward to a quiet week and Joe is excited about his Tuesday appointment for his new tat. Well we then arrive at Wednesday.
Joe calls me from work, all excited...his boss has tickets...do I want to go? Well we had been tossing around the idea of attending the Esks vs Stamps game Saturday night if we got back from dropping off the camper @ Red Lodge. So I said Yes to the tickets, we'll drop the camper off Sunday instead. Apparently these are good seats and everyone in the office was jockeying for them.
I pick up Joe after he drops off the truck for an oil change, we go shopping etc and are on our way home when I asked where we will be sitting...under cover would be nice in case it rains. Well he glances over at me with an odd look...somehow I mis-interpreted the free tickets as football tix...but instead I am going to be spending the whole DAY at the race track! We are going to watch Joe's boss, John, drag race! OMG! I better bring sunscreen, ear plugs, lots of water & snacks and a book! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some racing, mostly on the oval where's there's lots to see...quarter mile drag isn't my thing...8 seconds of racket and 5 minutes or driving around and setting up for the next heat.
I guess I should learn to ask the right questions! See you at the track!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe Mac..
Hey..Hey...Hey...
Did i mention we have been to the Nationals before to watch John race his 70 GTO and Shawn race his 66 GTO. This is a whole day event and we have full pit passes also. John had 600 lbs removed from the front end of his 70 GTO this pass winter along with a few extra surprizes...He will be in the low 10 seconds and lifting the front 12 inches off the ground...Now tell me..who would want to miss that...Not Me...
If anyone needs us call me on my cell...we will be at the track

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess I am not the only one who is busy this summer!

Have fun!!

New MrsIngram said...

No I swear I could hear excitement in your tone of some sort ... you really do sound hectic busy. I guess it's going to be one of those crazy summers for all of us ...

oh and removed 600 lbs of what .. isn't the stuff in the front of your car important? Don't you have to keep that stuff?