Freecycle games!

The past few days have been frustrating if nothing else. I posted a few things for pick up and got 2 immediate responses. One item was picked up as planned almost to the minute, no snags at all. I even got a thank you note once she got home. The other...well has not been as easy.

Seems that she may be playing the 'I'm disabled ...could you drop it off' game. First she says she bad with directions...I'm the only salmon coloured house in my area...and I do stand out, especially since there are no leaves on the trees! So I send her a nice mapquest attachment...but the game comtinues. Now she says she'll pick it up over the weekend! I want to enjoy my houseguests no wait for her! So there it is...a lovely white Crane bathroom sink...sitting proudly on my front porch for the whole world to see! The only good news about this whole thing...it's not a couple of queen size beds! Poor Les - her neighbours must have loved that site!

Does anyone else Freecycle? I have yet 'win' anything although I've tried. C'est la vie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and I had a problem like that when we first moved into this house. Some charity had called and said they'd have a truck in our area on such and such a day and did we have any used clothing. We said yes, and lugged 7 garbage bags full of clothes onto our front lawn which ended up sitting there for 3 days because they never showed up. But the next year, these same people called again, but this time our answer was no. Some people.

Alberta said...

I have a nice charity that I donate to and they are very professional about setting up a pick up time and only once, when the weather was bad were they really late.

But they don't want our used sink...but it's too good for the trash so I try to recycle it into use by Freecycle...but some days.....

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Grist article at http://gristmill.grist.org/story/2006/7/26/111526/801 or the wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freecycle_Network#Controversies. You might be better off joining a truly grassroots organization at http://www.freesharing.org or http://www.sharingisgiving.org