and she surfaces again!!!!

I survived the first ever Artisan Showcase here in town.  Not sure I want to organize that again next year or not.  Maybe someone else will grab hold of the reins and run with it. Everything certainly ran me down and now I'm sporting a "red as Rudolph's nose" head cold.  I tried passing it off to Joe but he's better at dodging the germs than I was.

Saturday is our grandson JR's fifth birthday.  I wish we were there...but...don't need to spread my germs to a plane full of folks as well as to the birthday boy.  JR is an amazing child, smart, full of wonder with a wicked sense of humour.  He called me late month@ 7:30 am to say he was having the bestest day ever!  The reason...they got fresh snow, a rarity in their area.  JR has plans of playing outside and having a grand time.  I could visualize him doing that with a huge grin on his face.

Christmas is next week. Unlike last year, Joe will be home and DD2 and family will be here to celebrate with us.  I guess my being home alone last year was harder on DD2 than anyone expected, despite the fact we did everything we traditionally do on the 25th on an earlier date.  It'll be exciting watching the other grandkids open their gifts.  I just hope there is room in their vehicle to take everything home with them. But then if they can't...I get to play with whatever they leave behind!!!!

So with this I would like to extend our wishes to you for a very Merry Christmas!  Travel safe and enjoy the spirit of the season.



No comments: