What's for supper?

Meals always seemed easier when the girls lived home. Everything would be geared around their schedule and somehow Joe's just seem to meld right in. 

Now there's just the 2 of us and his work schedule is quite unpredictable and I'm having a hard time deciding what to cook. I've eaten so many meals alone when Joe was deployed that now I want to eat dinner together. 

Yesterday it snowed, the first real amount that impacted many folks drive into work. Joe left the house shortly before 7 and didn't get home until 6:45. I made spaghetti and timed the pasta so it was perfect about 4 minutes after Joe got in the door. Enough time to hang his coat, take off his boots and sip a glass of Merlot. 

My problem is many of the things I want to cook aren't as forgiving. I don't want to eat the same thing over and over. Ask Joe and 9 times out of 10 he'll say pizza when I ask him what he'd like. 

I just decided we'll have burritos tonight. That'll hold. It's an answer for tonight but not a long term solution. 

***Note to self - figure out next week's menu, shop accordingly and write out the menu on the pantry door. Jeff's coming for a visit!!!!!

 

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Pretty sure Jeff and Aaron discussed an elk roast and I think I usually do spaghetti one night when we have company, just ask Tina's girls,lol.