Friday already

For me, time seems to be playing tricks with my mind since the pandemic turned everyone world upside down. Schedules have morphed into suggestions, deadlines now non existent. I am wondering what David Allen of Getting Things Done fame is thinking about how we are going about our days to day lives. I used to trust in his words that if it only takes about 2 minutes to do, then just do it. 

Monday, with Joe’s help, I got my latest quilt All Buttoned Up longarmed. It’s a cute project made of mostly my stash fabrics with a lovely flannel backing. The blocks are buttons, either 2 hole or 4 hole against alternating backgrounds on while or black. It’s quite striking and will be a baby gift.  I worked on hand stitching down the binding at out Loose Threads group and enjoyed catching up with a few of my friends who ventured out. This is only the second time we have met, socially distanced, masked up but it was good for us each emotionally. Usually this time of year we are all working on something for the upcoming Christmas but not this time around.

Monday was also the day my friend Shelley adopted my 1948 Singer 221 featherweight. She was a black beauty and worked like a charm. With the onset of the pandemic and quilting events getting shut down everywhere, I found I was feeling more and more guilty about not stitching on the Featherweight. I got it so I could go to group gatherings, retreats, etc and there she sat in her case getting dusty.  Then I realized, despite her compact size and portability, my grip was weakening. I had visions of going down hard and her with me. My days of lugging a machine around had ended.  I debated selling it but didn’t want to profit from it and didn’t want someone else to either. So I had her adopted by someone who could appreciate her history and employ her talents. She is in good hands now.

I am still adding steps/distance to my virtual Cape Breton walk. We have enjoyed several days on above season temperatures to get outside in the fresh air. We hit the new local trail beside our local rec centre. They just paved the path and have landscaping to do once the new soccer fields are created next year. I like the fact that we can easily walk there, do the trail loop and come home without having to get the car started. Yesterday, Mother Nature sadly threw freezing rain at us and we are now back to more normal weather conditions.







 

No comments: