A greenhouse 1st for me!

As my family can attest, I'm very frugal in almost all walks of life. Why pay those prices for grown seedlings when with time and patience, you can do the something at home for a fraction of the cost.

So each spring I drag out my portable greenhouse and get to work in the dirt.

Depending on who you ask, I have good to great results, most years. I'm sure you have all heard about the great tomato growing contests with everyone using the same seedlings from my little greenhouse. I won, hands down! Thanks for tying on those juicy ripe ones from the grocery store, Joe. Sorry I blabbed and spoiled your fun.

So you can imagine my surprise when I went to water this morning and found a bunch of flower bids on my crackerjack marigolds! I have never had buds before planting stuff outside. I wonder if it's my secret additive to my water solution. Now if my cherry tomatoes grow to the size of beefsteaks, I think I'll put it down to a mislabelling of the seed packette!

And YES, these are marigolds...not herbs!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Good job Mom! I think I got the craftiness gene from you and Heather got the greenhouse gene. LOL!