Today's Brides are very savvy!

I was chatting with Les about Kate's aka Kathrn upcoming wedding to Jeff. It seems that things have changed somewhat since Lesley married Aaron in 1999.
I had never heard of a guest bathroom supply basket! That just means some little sample sized things to freshen up when attending a wedding...you know...perhaps little lotion, hair spray, a couple of small safety pins to repair a bra strap, some spot remover and maybe some fem.products. But mouthwash???? I'd be afraid of someone before me taking a big swig out of the bottle! Am I showing my age or what?
When I got married, my biggest challenge was the date, location and who to invite so no-one felt left out...who was I kidding...everyone came and we had a great time! Oh and the marriage is great also!
I got lucky the first time around although I would like to renew our vows sometime...I thought at 25 years, but that wasn't a good time for me...maybe @ 40! Now, do you think I could get Joe up to the altar a second time?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe Mac..
The first trip up the isle was easy...you know i would have followed you anywheres...still do..
Now for a second trip...i sure can be bought...HD..or maybe HI..pick a date...
peep,peep

Anonymous said...

Joe Mac
I was thinking more like Hawaii...
But i will settle for a Harley...
Even an ugly one...
peep,peep

Brenda said...

I think a second trip down the isle sound exciting, especially if you can get an exotic vacation out of it. I think I'll aim for 25, that's in another 6 years for us.
Not as far off as it seems.

Lesley said...

Well Aaron and I are seriously considering a Jamaica trip for our 10 year which sounds like a good time for a 5 year couple to go too!
We were planning on having our marriage blessed by the Catholic Church at the Sunday Mass this summer on our Aug 13th anniversary but so far we haven't made any contact with Father Whatawaste. Still have 3 months to do that. Now Aaron, why did we get married in a United Church?

Anne said...

If you do decide to renew your vows, you should do it at a resort or on a cruise. It would be a great opportunity for the family to get together and enjoy a nice vacation. Just give us plenty of notice so that we can save the money and book bacations.

Anonymous said...

Joe Mac..
When did this all change from the original concept of a HD to a lets go to church thing...did i miss something...Oh well...
Hey!!! it's TGIF...Have a great long weekend everybody..Anyone for a found of golf...
peep,peep

Anonymous said...

Oops...Should be Round of Golf...