Tom & 'Berta



Tom appeared on the sidewalk with a bucket of whitewash and a long-handled brush. He surveyed the fence, and all gladness left him and a deep melancholy settled down upon his spirit. Thirty yards of board fence nine feet high. Life to him seemed hollow, and existence but a burden. Sighing, he dipped his brush and passed it along the topmost plank; repeated the operation; did it again; compared the insignificant whitewashed streak with the far-reaching continent of unwhitewashed fence, and sat down on a tree-box discouraged. Mark Twain




Well it would seem that I have my very own fence to stain! It was a pukey butterscotch colour when we moved in. After some repairs, we painted it a dark brown. Now we have a few more repairs to do and I'm so sick of brown, time for a change. Stonehenge aka grey! I think it will will very fresh and contrast nicer with our sallllmmmmon house, don't you?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Well the grey was a good pick, it'll match your roof. I like that colour, that's what we had in Dover. I would have liked to use it again but this trendy neighbourhood is all about staining it natural...where's the fun in that?

Brenda said...

I like the grey also. I is quite an undertaking. Good luck.