January arrived!

As is my tradition, I like to get all the bills paid and a financial overview done before the beginning of a new year. I file my old daytimer pages, reload the new ones and set up my new spreadsheets.  I thought I was a head of myself yesterday until a certain special person came home from work with some pretty flowers for our table. He's so thoughtful.

Over Christmas we had quite the dining experience - hot stone cooking! Add a pot of cheese fondue and wow, what a luxurious meal that's slow and easy. We knew immediately that we wanted to do this ourselves! Last night was the night to start a new dining tradition. Some shrimp, beef,pork,pea pods, noodles, portabello mushrooms, a bottle of red wine = yummy!
 

Today, Joe is back in the office, no rest during the 100 days of h*ll in the oil patch.  I'm prepping some finger foods for mid day once Joe and our nephew Kevin arrive.  Kevin is returning to work in a remote camp after a nice Christmas break at home. New Year's dinner will include baked ham, scallopped potatoes, garden beets, biscuits and possibly pineapple cheesecake if I can find room in the refrigerator.  

Hoping you rang in 2013 with those special to you.  Wishing you all health,love and happiness in the days to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm... so if we time this right, we could be having baked Ham and such for supper!