Special note for someone special!



She is always commenting on the state of my silverware in the buffet. It's not that I don't like a freshly polished tea pot, it's just I can never find any Twinkle. That is the only way to go, easy on the hands and it does a great job. But I can't find any, anywhere! If anyone has a stash of Twinkle and is willing to share....I'd be interested.

In the meantime, I found a recipe online for silver cleaning...will let you know how it fares over the next few weeks. The ingredients are things you have in a pantry, baking soda, salt and aluminium foil. It did stink a bit and I'm not sure about the harshness on the silverware, but it looks pretty. Oh, did I mention it only took ~ 10 minutes for all the silver in my buffet!

Ta Da!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it may have smelled bad, but it worked really well! I buy my Twinkle at Wal-Mart in the section with cleaners.

Jen, Paul and Daisy said...

Funny how we have favorites. My best friend always stocks up on ice cream when she comes back to Saint John, because they do not sell her favorite flavour in Ontario.

My Nan always used to stock me up on Newfoundland candy every time they went for a visit. But then they started selling it at our local City Market so I can buy it anytime now.

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

VERY SHINY...

at least you made sure you were wearing clothes...not like the guy trying to sell the dining room table...

HL

Lesley said...

Were you referring to moi by chance? Not that I'm particular or anything! I'll have to look for the twinkle for Mother's Day...okay, okay I'll wait and put it in your stocking at Christmas.